The Sago Palm (Cycas Revoluta) is a popular houseplant known for its feathery foliage and ease of care. In fact, this is a great plant for beginners and makes an interesting addition to nearly any room. It can even be grown outdoors.
- Plant Type: Outdoor/Indoor Plant
- Product Height: 7 to 18 inches
- Season: Evergreen
- Sunlight: These palms are easy to care for but do require special needs, such as bright light, although they will tolerate low-light conditions.
- Location: Your palm will thrive with an outdoor vacation for the summer if you have a nice shady spot.
- Watering: They do not respond well to over-watering. In fact, too much water can quickly lead to root rot and eventual death. Therefore, it’s best to allow the plant to dry out some between watering.
- Re-potting: When problems with palms are due to improper planting or poor drainage, you’ll need to re-pot the planting as soon as possible in suitable soil, not too deep, and with adequate drainage available.
- Fertilizing: Require regular fertilizing monthly to ensure vigorous health.