Rhapis Palms (aka Lady Palms) are multi-cane fan palms which have high adaptability to a wide range of soils, climates and environments. These are popular ornamental palms that are widely grown in homes and gardens.
- Plant Type: Outdoor/Indoor Palm
- Product Height: 1 to 3 feet
- Sunlight: Place your lady palm plant near an east-facing window, out of direct sunlight.
- Location: Outdoors, plant them as you would hedges on 3- to 4-foot centers to form a screen or backdrop. They also make nice specimen plants. Outdoor plants produce fragrant, yellow flowers in spring.
- Watering: Water the palm when the soil is dry to a depth of 1 inch in spring and summer. In fall and winter, allow the soil to dry to a depth of two inches.
- Re-potting: Re potting a lady palm plant every two years, increasing the size of the pot each time until it is as large as you want it to grow. After it has reached the desired size, re pot every two years or so into the same pot or a pot of the same size to refresh the potting soil.
- Fertilizing: Use a palm fertilizer, according to the label instructions, no more than once a year.
NOTE: *Actual product may vary , plants come in regular earthen pots or add new pots in the cart.